Friday 6 April 2012

Young at Heart ... a buffet lunch for 20

In an attempt to find 'the perfect first recipe' to post, I came across some images from a 90th birthday party I was lucky enough to have been a part of.  My partner in crime and I were in charge of everything from decorations, to activities, to catering.  And all the bits-n-pieces that fell in between.   There were a few late nights, a few recipe disasters (why the chocolate mousse didn't set the first time, we'll never know), a lot of laughs and ... well, this was really the defining moment for both of us ... 'this' ... this 'kind of thing' is what makes us happy.  Seeing someone lick their spoon, clean their plate, and go back for more made the decision to start our own little empire a little more 'real'.  So while this post isn't the recipe-post I was originally thinking of, perhaps it's a better beginning after all.  Happy snacking.


6 comments:

  1. OMG, that event looked awesome!!! And having had the pleasure of tasting your delicious cuisine, I'm predicting amazing things for you and your company. WTG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind! Thank you so much for your support :) I owe you a gluten-free-pizza-crust that doesn't taste like cardboard ... it is top of my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first post!! Love the movie too! I'm thinking we need to make a movie at our Open House next week...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan! I'm hoping that I'm able to snap a few photos this time round ... at your last open house I didn't set foot outside the kitchen! :) Thankfully everyone loves a good kitchen party LOL Looking forward to your open house!!!

      Delete
    2. Ooooh are you catering? I want the details, I'm there!

      Delete
    3. Laura you're the best :) I'll PM you the details!

      Delete